Spring is wonderful for more than a few reasons: flowers start to bloom, you can open windows for outdoor air and your utility bill is generally at its lowest. That’s because you’re not turning to your furnace or air conditioner.
But as mercury begins to increase, so do your energy costs. Here are a couple of suggestions for saving energy in San Antonio and keeping payments low.
1. Call for Annual AC Maintenance
Giving your cooling system a yearly maintenance visit can help it work more efficiently and reduce costs. Switching out your air filter will help keep utility charges low.
If your air conditioning equipment has had better days, spring is an excellent time to replace it. The energy-saving options in newer air conditioning systems is a huge advantage for keeping your power expenses down.
2. Turn to Your Thermostat
There’s a painless way you can save up to 10% on home comfort bills. Just turn your thermostat back 7–10 degrees for 8 hours during the day.
Understanding how to expertly schedule your thermostat is the smartest way to lower energy expenses in the summer.
- Set your thermostat as high as comfortably possible when you’re around at home. Think of it this way, the less significant the difference between exterior temperatures and interior temperatures, the lower your home comfort cost will be.
- When you’re out and about, set the thermostat to a considerably higher temperature or turn it off. It doesn’t make sense to cool an empty house.
3. Experiment with Other Ways to Cool Your Home
You can take advantage of a couple other approaches to help keep your residence at the right temperature:
- Use a ceiling fan—By turning on a ceiling fan, you can raise your thermostat setting an average of 4 degrees with no reduction in comfort. Have your fan spin counterclockwise in the summer, which drives cool air upward. This moves cool air more evenly when you’re in the room.
- Keep blinds closed—Sunlight quickly transforms into heat as it passes through windows. Keep your home comfortable by shutting blinds and curtains when you’re not using sunny spaces.
4. Look Into Installing a Smart Thermostat
You’re out of the house and suddenly realize you forgot to turn up the thermostat. Then you think about it the full day!
Smart thermostats learn your routine and correct the temp when you’re out and about to help you save on your bills. You can also set the temp from anywhere with your phone.
These expert tips will all help keep summer energy costs low. If you think it’s time to improve your thermostat or need AC installation, call us at 210-404-4233 or contact us online. We’ll help you find the right product for your home. And as always, all our services are endorsed by a 100% satisfaction guarantee.*
*Not applicable to the Advantage Program™. See your signed Advantage Program agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.