Spring is wonderful for many reasons: flowers start to bloom, you can open windows for outdoor air and your utility bill is generally at its lowest. That’s because you’re not turning on your furnace or air conditioner.
But as mercury begins to increase, so do your energy charges. Here are a couple of suggestions for saving energy in San Antonio and keeping payments less expensive.
1. Call for Annual AC Maintenance
Giving your cooling system an annual tune-up can help it run more efficiently and reduce costs. Switching out your air filter will help keep utility charges down.
If your air conditioning equipment has had better days, spring is an excellent time to replace it. The energy-saving options in modern AC systems is a huge advantage for keeping your power expenses down.
2. Lower Your Thermostat
There’s a painless way you can save up to 10% on home comfort bills. Just dial your thermostat back 7–10 degrees for 8 hours during the day.
Understanding how to expertly schedule your thermostat is the best way to lower energy expenses in the summer.
- Set your thermostat as high as comfortably possible when you’re around at home. Consider it this way, the smaller the difference between exterior temperatures and interior temperatures, the lower your home comfort expense will be.
- When you’re out and about, set the thermostat to a considerably higher temperature or shut it off. There’s no reason to cool an empty home.
3. Experiment with Other Ways to Cool Your Home
You can try a few other methods to help keep your residence at the right temperature:
- Use a ceiling fan—By turning on a ceiling fan, you can raise your thermostat setting an average of 4 degrees with no reduction in comfort. Have your fan spin counterclockwise in the summer, which drives cool air upward. This moves cool air more evenly when you’re in the room.
- Keep blinds drawn—Sunlight quickly converts to heat as it passes through windows. Keep your home comfortable by shutting blinds and curtains when you’re not sitting in sunny spaces.
4. Look Into Installing a Smart Thermostat
You’ve left home and suddenly realize you neglected to turn up the thermostat. Then you think about it the full day!
Smart thermostats learn your routine and correct the temp when you’re out and about to help you save money. You can also set the temp from anywhere with your phone.
These pro tips will all help keep summer energy costs low. If you conclude it’s time to improve your thermostat or need AC installation, call us at 210-404-4233 or contact us online. We’ll help you find the best product for your home. And like always, all our services are endorsed by a 100% satisfaction guarantee.*
*Not applicable to the Advantage Program™. See your signed Advantage Program agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.