With Earth Day right around the corner, you may be inundated with recommendations to help “save the earth”. Surprise! We’re here with a few ideas of our own, but for a good cause. Not only is a tankless water heater eco-friendly, it can cut the cost of your energy bills and last longer than your ordinary tank heater. For real! We compiled the main reasons you should purchase a tankless water heater.
- Money Back – Although the initial investment can seem a bit challenging, qualifying tankless water heaters come with a federal tax rebate of around $300.
- Continuous Flow – We’ve all felt it. The awful pain of ice water pelting against your body when the hot water runs out and you’re still showing. Your cold showers could be over! Tankless water heaters negate that problem altogether because the hot water NEVER. RUNS. OUT.
- Lifespan – Tankless water heaters can outlast inefficient tank water heaters by 5-10 years. So not only will the government help you out with the cost, you don’t have to replace them as quickly, which also saves you money.
- Efficiency –Tankless water heaters only need the necessary amount of energy to heat the amount of water you’re using, so they don’t waste energy heating water you don’t need. This wonderful tidbit can save you nearly 20% off your water heating costs. They also require less space since they can be mounted on walls (or outdoors so long as you have an anti-freeze kit) and smaller tankless water heaters can even be installed under cabinets or in closets.
- Avoid Water Damage – No tank, no tank to burst, no flooding. Although a leak could happen as with any plumbing appliance or device, tankless water heaters won’t flood or cause water damage the way 45 gallons of water sitting around waiting to be used will.
- So Fresh, So Clean – Since tankless water heaters don’t keep water in a tank, you always have fresh, clean water that isn’t held in a tank, which could have accumulated rust and scale.
If all these great reasons haven’t convinced you that a tankless water heater
is the best option for your home, call Aramendia Plumbing, Heating and Air today for a no-charge in-home analysis
. We want to make sure you select the best water heating system for your needs to we’ll explain your options, tell you all the facts, and be ready when you’ve made your choice.