Booking regular AC maintenance is helpful.
Service keeps your air conditioning unit in San Antonio operating at its best performance while keeping utility consumption small. It also could even help lengthen its life span.
While there are a couple tasks you can complete on your own, you should call the Experts, like the ones at Aramendia Plumbing, Heating and Air, for AC inspections and service.
Here are several steps you can take alone as you get ready for warm weather.
Get Your AC Checkup Set
Spring is a season of revival, and to many that includes a large dose of indoors, garage and yard freshening. With the hotter temperatures right around the corner, it’s also a good idea to include AC checkups on that listing.
Spring is the perfect season to get your AC unit cleaned and inspected. Delaying to switch it on until the first hot day of the season can be dicey. If you need a fix or a new unit, you might be waiting days for a tech. And that can get very uncomfortable.
And for allergy sufferers, being ahead of the game with a clean AC system will help ensure the finest indoor air quality when it’s pollen season.
Also, air conditioning maintenance could be a requirement for your equipment’s manufacturer warranty or any additional extended warranty.
Can I Finish Maintenance on My Own?
There are procedures that you can do to help keep your cooling unit in the ultimate state:
- Change your air filter. Dirty filters limit airflow and could decrease your equipment’s efficiency. While how often you should replace it depends on the type of filter you use, the U.S. Department of Energy advises each month or two. This is especially important if you have been diagnosed with allergies or have a dog in your house.
- Lawn upkeep near the exterior condenser. Make sure there’s not any grass, weeds or bushes near your air conditioning equipment. We advise keeping 2–3 feet of open area. You should also get rid of any leaves or sticks that have collected inside your system, as this might impede airflow.
Let the Experts Take Care of the Rest
What’s left to do? If you ring Aramendia Plumbing, Heating and Air at 210-404-4233, the initial thing we may do is compliment you for all the steps you’ve already done. Then we’ll get down to the finer details. We’ll inspect your system and make sure it’s operating like it should with these steps:
- Tightening electrical connections to provide reliable operation.
- Oiling to keep moving parts working effortlessly and potentially skip issues.
- Rinsing the condensate drain line to clear leak-causing mold and blockages.
- Straightening coil fins to stop reduced airflow.
- Freshening the outside coil to remove any accumulation from soil and weeds.
- Checking controls to make sure your system is switching on, operating and shutting off like it should.
- Assessing the operating temperature parameters to make sure your system has the correct refrigeration charge.
If we discover problems that need further service, we are set to give you the most economical option. Locating likely issues early might solve more substantial issues later. This also gives you time to strategize if your AC is getting outdated.
When you are seeking a modern AC system, our Experts will partner with you to select the right solution for your needs. We also offer financing to help make your new equipment work for your budget. No matter what your AC needs are, you can have peace of mind knowing our Experts will take care of your needs.
Ready to schedule your checkup? Give us a call at 210-404-4233 or schedule an appointment online right away.