Planning regular AC maintenance is worth the effort.
Service keeps your air conditioning unit in San Antonio operating at its best performance while keeping utility needs small. It also could even help lengthen its life span.
While there are several tasks you can complete on your own, you should hire Experts, like the ones at Aramendia Plumbing, Heating and Air, for AC inspections and service.
Here are several steps you can take by yourself as you get ready for summer.
Get Your AC Checkup Set
Spring is a season of revival, and to many that includes a big dose of indoors, garage and yard freshening. With the hotter temperatures right around the corner, it’s also a good idea to put AC service on that listing.
Spring is the perfect time of year to get your AC equipment cleaned and inspected. Hesitating to flip it on until the first hot day of the summer can be dicey. If you need service or a new unit, you might be waiting days for a technician. And that can get very uncomfortable.
And for allergy sufferers, being ahead of the game with a clean AC system will help ensure the greatest indoor air quality while it’s pollen season.
Plus, AC maintenance could be a requirement for your unit’s manufacturer warranty or any additional extended warranty.
Can I Complete Service Alone?
There are procedures that you can do to help keep your cooling unit in the prime order:
- Change your air filter. Dirty filters limit airflow and could decrease your unit’s efficiency. While how often you should replace it depends on the type of filter you use, the U.S. Department of Energy recommends each month or two. This is especially important if you have been diagnosed with allergies or have pets in your residence.
- Lawn maintenance near the exterior condenser. Make sure there’s not any grass, weeds or bushes near your air conditioning equipment. We suggest keeping 2–3 feet of open area. You should also clear any leaves or sticks that have dropped into your system, as this can limit airflow.
Let the Experts Manage the Rest
What’s left to do? If you get in touch with Aramendia Plumbing, Heating and Air at 210-404-4233, the primary thing we may do is compliment you for all the tasks you’ve already done. Then we’ll get down to the finer details. We’ll inspect your system and make sure it’s working correctly with these steps:
- Tightening electrical connections to deliver reliable operation.
- Oiling to keep moving parts working effortlessly and potentially stay clear of issues.
- Rinsing the condensate drain line to clear leak-causing mold and obstructions.
- Straightening coil fins to stay clear of reduced airflow.
- Freshening the exterior coil to remove any accumulation from soil and grass.
- Inspecting controls to make sure your system is switching on, cooling and shutting off like it should.
- Checking the operating temperature parameters to make sure your system has the correct refrigeration charge.
If we discover problems that need further work, we are ready to give you the most cost-effective option. Locating possible troubles early might solve more substantial troubles down the road. This also gives you time to strategize if your AC is getting outdated.
When you are seeking a modern cooling system, our Experts will work with you to select the right equipment for your family. We also offer financing to help make your new equipment fit your budget. No matter what your comfort needs are, you can have peace of mind knowing our Experts will take care of you.
Ready to schedule your tune-up? Give us a call at 210-404-4233 or schedule an appointment online now.