It’s cold out there. Most of the country is layering up for some freezing temperatures. And while the Experts are always ready to help, we’ve got a few HVAC and plumbing tips to help you avoid those cold weather emergencies.
- Disconnect those exterior water fixtures.
- Make sure you insulate exposed pipes and outdoor fixtures.
- A slow trickle in indoor bathrooms and sinks by exterior walls can keep pipes from freezing.
- Open up those cabinets underneath sinks to keep warm air circulating around pipes.
- Keep an indoor temperature of at least 68 degrees (and warmer if possible).
- Get those home heaters ready by checking them for proper operation.
- If you’ve got vents shut in unused rooms, make sure you open them up.
- Space heaters can be a big help, but never leave them unattended and watch their runtimes.
- Last but not least, give those smoke and carbon monoxide detectors a quick check.
Follow these simple tips to keep your HVAC and plumbing warm and working. Then pour yourself some hot chocolate. And, as always, Aramendia Plumbing, Heating and Air is here for you. If you’ve got questions, concerns or problems, don’t hesitate to call.