It’s cold outside. Most of the country is layering up for some icy temps. And while the Experts are always prepared to help, we’ve got a few HVAC and plumbing honey-dos to help you avoid those cold weather emergencies.
- Disconnect all exterior water fixtures.
- Insulate all exposed pipes and outdoor fixtures.
- A slow trickle in indoor sinks and bathrooms by exterior walls can keep pipes from freezing.
- Open up those cabinets underneath sinks to keep warm air flowing around pipes.
- Keep an indoor temperature of at least 68 degrees (and warmer if possible).
- Get those indoor heaters ready by checking them for proper operation.
- If you’ve got vents shut in unused rooms, now is the time to open them.
- If your furnace is not heating, contact the Experts for heating repairs or consider a new furnace install.
- Last but not least, give those smoke and carbon monoxide detectors a quick once-over.
Follow these simple tips to keep your HVAC and plumbing warm and working. Then pour yourself some hot cider. And, as always, Aramendia Plumbing, Heating and Air is here for you. If you’ve got questions, concerns or problems, don’t hesitate to call.