Imagine it’s a sweltering hot summer day, and your air conditioner abruptly breaks down. You start calling around looking for emergency AC repair, but the temperature keeps getting hotter and hotter while you wait for an HVAC specialist to arrive. What a nightmare!
Routine air conditioner maintenance is an essential tool in preventing this problem. But how do you know when it’s time for a maintenance call? And, is it really worth scheduling an appointment if your air conditioner doesn’t appear to have any issues? Find out why taking a proactive approach is the key to keeping you and your AC unit cool and comfortable.
How Often Should You Service Your AC?
To keep your air conditioner operating efficiently, HVAC Experts strongly suggest servicing it no less than once per year. Annual cooling maintenance ensures your AC unit continues to be in optimal condition, avoiding potential concerns and extending its life span.
As for what time to schedule air conditioner maintenance, spring is the ideal time of year. This makes it possible for you to address growing issues before the summer heat arrives, ensuring your AC unit runs smoothly throughout the whole summer.
However, if spring is past, and you weren't able to schedule AC service, don’t wait another year. When it comes to increasing cooling performance with preventive maintenance, it’s better to give your system a checkup whenever you can.
What Does AC Service Entail?
An AC tune-up is a comprehensive process involving various steps. This is why DIY servicing is not advisable. Here are some key parts of the work conducted during a routine service visit:
- Complete inspection: The technician carefully looks through your air conditioner for potential issues53 or areas requiring attention.
- Cleaning: The technician uses specialized tools and proven techniques to clean the condenser coil, evaporator coil, condensate drain line and other parts to ensure your system runs efficiently.
- Lubrication and tightening: Moving parts are lubricated to decrease friction and lessen wear and tear. Then, electrical connections are tightened to support safe equipment operation.
- Filter replacement: Switching out the filter boosts air quality and helps the unit run in a more efficient manner. HVAC professionals recommend doing this in your home every few months to maintain proper airflow.
- System test: Before deeming the job complete, your service Expert will run a test cycle to make sure the system fires up, operates and shuts down properly.
Benefits of Routine Air Conditioner Service
Many property owners wonder if routine maintenance is worth the effort. The fact is, routine air conditioner tune-ups help achieve better performance and home comfort. Some key benefits include:
- Increased energy efficiency: A well-maintained AC unit uses less electricity to keep your home cool, which translates into lower utility costs and a smaller carbon footprint.
- Lower repair costs: It’s much easier to spot potential issues early when a technician diligently inspects your air conditioning every spring. An easy repair, like replacing a fraying fan belt, helps you avoid costly and inconvenient breakdowns during the hot months.
- Improved air quality: A clean air conditioning system leads to better air circulation and fewer airborne allergens for a healthier living environment.
- Extended equipment life: Like getting routine oil changes to help your car drive longer, routine AC service extends the life of your AC, saving you on untimely replacement costs.
How Much Does AC Service Cost?
Air conditioning maintenance isn’t a free service, but you should think of it as an investment, not an unnecessary expense. After all, regular servicing helps you save on utility charges, sudden repairs or the cost of buying a new system.
To increase your savings, consider signing up for a maintenance plan from Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning. For just one low monthly fee, you’ll lower the risk of breakdowns and improve energy efficiency for ongoing savings. Choose from three different plans to meet your needs and price range. You’ll experience several advantages no matter which one you choose, including:
- Regular tune-ups: Our maintenance plans come with annual AC tune-ups, ensuring your system stays in peak condition.
- Priority service: Members go to the front of the line when arranging appointments, even during peak call volumes.
- Discounts: Save 15% on repairs and services, as well as other discounts on new equipment.
- Repair guarantee: For your satisfaction, we guarantee the quality of our repairs for one year.
Schedule Air Conditioner Service in North America
Clearly, routine AC maintenance is essential for enhancing performance and providing home comfort. Schedule an annual visit, preferably in the spring, to avoid breakdowns and appreciate numerous other benefits of a well-maintained air conditioner.
As for choosing a company to perform the work, Service Experts is clearly the top choice, with skilled professionals, wide-ranging maintenance plans and a laser-sharp focus on customer satisfaction. Entrust air conditioner maintenance to the Experts, and you’ll keep your residence cool and comfortable all year long. To learn more or set up your next AC tune-up, please contact a Service Experts office near you today.