Building a new house? Upgrading your present equipment? Whatever the reason why you’re shopping for an air conditioner, you could soon come to the conclusion that you have more possibilities than you first thought. Use this info to help you weigh four different solutions so you can select the ideal air conditioner in San Antonio.
Central Air Conditioning
This is what many people think of when they envision air conditioning for the whole residence. Central air conditioning transfers air to every room with a system of ducts and registers.
This could be great for you if:
- Your house has ductwork.
- You currently have a furnace or air handler.
- You’re seeking quiet, convenient operation.
Air-Source Heat Pump
In warm weather, heat pumps run much like central air conditioners. Many models can also deliver heat in the winter.
This might be right for you if:
- Your residence has ductwork.
- Your reside in a location with mild weather during the winter.
- You’re seeking a single piece of equipment for year-round heating and cooling, as opposed to a standard furnace and air conditioner.
- Your house doesn’t utilize (or you don’t want) natural or propane gas.
- You want quiet, energy-efficient home comfort.
Geothermal Heat Pump
The ground beneath your feet stays at an even 55 degrees during the year. A geothermal heat pump uses this ongoing source of energy with underground loops for incredible heating and cooling efficiency.
This might be ideal for you if:
- Your home has ductwork.
- You want a single piece of equipment for energy-efficient heating and cooling.
- You have enough land around your home for the underground loops.
This is another style of heat pump. With ductless mini-splits, an outdoor unit links to an inside blower unit fixed to a wall or ceiling. This doesn’t require any ductwork and keeps your windows protected.
This could be good for you if:
- Your home, or a new add-on to it, doesn’t come with ductwork.
- You’re looking for an energy-efficient solution for heating and cooling individual spaces.
- You want to get zoning for your residence.
Still unsure which kind of air conditioner you should get? Rely on the Experts at Aramendia Plumbing, Heating and Air for everything air conditioning! We can educate you on your options and help you choose the best one for your needs. Please contact us estimate today.