Building a new house? Upgrading your present equipment? Whatever the reason why you’re shopping for an air conditioner, you might soon come to the conclusion that you have more possibilities than you initially thought. Use this info to help you weigh four different solutions so you can find the ideal air conditioner in San Antonio.
Central Air Conditioning
This is what the majority of people think of when they envision air conditioning for the whole residence. Central air conditioning transfers air to every room through a system of ducts and registers.
This could be great for you if:
- Your house has ductwork.
- You currently have a furnace or air handler.
- You’re seeking quiet, convenient operation.
Air-Source Heat Pump
In hot weather, heat pumps operate much like central air conditioners. Many models can also offer heat in the winter.
This may be right for you if:
- Your residence has ductwork.
- Your home is in an area with mild weather during the winter.
- You’re looking for a single piece of equipment for year-round heating and cooling, in lieu of a standard furnace and air conditioner.
- Your house doesn’t utilize (or you don’t want) natural or propane gas.
- You want quiet, energy-efficient heating and cooling.
Geothermal Heat Pump
The ground beneath your feet stays at a stable 55 degrees during the year. A geothermal heat pump uses this ongoing source of energy with underground loops for incredible heating and cooling efficiency.
This can be good for you if:
- Your home has ductwork.
- You want a single piece of equipment for energy-efficient heating and cooling.
- You have enough land around your home for the underground loops.
This is another kind of heat pump. With ductless mini-splits, an outdoor unit hooks up with an interior blower unit installed to a wall or ceiling. This doesn’t require any ductwork and keeps your windows protected.
This could be ideal for you if:
- Your home, or a recent expansion to it, doesn’t include ductwork.
- You’re looking for an energy-efficient solution for heating and cooling individual spaces.
- You want to install zoning in your residence.
Still unsure which kind of air conditioner you should purchase? Rely on the Experts at Aramendia Plumbing, Heating and Air for anything air conditioning! We can educate you on your options and help you choose the best one for your needs. Please contact us at 210-404-4233 to request an air conditioning replacement estimate today.