How to Pick the Right Air Conditioner for Your House
Building a new house? Upgrading your current equipment? Whatever the reason why you’re shopping for an air conditioner, you might soon realize you have more possibilities than you initially thought. Follow this guide to help you measure four different solutions so you can select the best air conditioner in the U.S..
Central Air Conditioning
This is what most people bring to mind when they picture air conditioning for the complete house. Central air conditioning transfers air to every room through a system of ducts and registers.
This could be great for you if:
- Your residence has ductwork.
- You already have a furnace or air handler.
- You’re seeking quiet, convenient operation.
Air-Source Heat Pump
In warm weather, heat pumps operate similar to central air conditioners. Some models can also offer heat when it’s cold.
This could be good for you if:
- Your house has ductwork.
- Your reside in an area with warmer weather during the winter.
- You’re looking for a lone piece of equipment for year-round heating and cooling, in lieu of a regular furnace and air conditioner.
- Your residence doesn’t have (or you don’t desire) natural or propane gas.
- You’re seeking nearly silent, energy-efficient home comfort.
Geothermal Heat Pump
The ground below your feet hovers at a consistent 55 degrees throughout the year. A geothermal heat pump taps into this continuous source of energy with underground loops for excellent heating and cooling efficiency.
This might be good for you if:
- Your residence has ductwork.
- You want a lone piece of equipment for energy-efficient heating and cooling.
- You have ample land around your house for the underground loops.
This is another kind of heat pump. With ductless mini-splits, an outdoor unit connects to an indoor blower unit mounted to a wall or ceiling. This doesn’t call for any ductwork and keeps your windows secure.
This could be ideal for you if:
- Your house, or an immediate expansion to it, doesn’t include ductwork.
- You want an energy-efficient solution for heating and cooling single rooms.
- You want to install zoning in your residence.
Still unsure which kind of air conditioner you should buy? Trust the Experts at Service Experts Heating, Air Conditioning & Plumbing for all things air conditioning! We can educate you on your options and help you choose the best one for your home. Please contact us estimate now.
How to Find a Good HVAC System
When considering keeping your home comfortable during every season, nothing is more critical than choosing the right heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) system. This determination impacts your daily comfort, monthly utility costs and general home efficiency. But, with so many system... Continue reading
Yearly HVAC Maintenance List
Once the air turns chilly, you know it’s time to winterize your residence for the cooler months ahead. Your heating system is crucial to maintaining a cozy, warm atmosphere. A well-maintained furnace supplies the comfort you want while using a smaller amount of energy. Scheduled inspections also... Continue reading
2024 Furnace and Air Conditioning Trends
In the ever-changing world of home HVAC, keeping up with the latest HVAC trends is imperative for homeowners looking to enhance their home’s comfort and efficiency. As we move into 2024, the HVAC industry continues to innovate, bringing cutting-edge technologies and trends aimed at changing how... Continue reading