HVAC Technicians Must Prepare to Meet New Skill Demands
The HVAC business is in a nonstop state of change. With technological innovations and growing environmental concerns, the skills expected of HVAC technicians are evolving faster than ever. Preparing to adapt and satisfy these new challenges is a must for anyone hoping to join the business. Learn what it takes to become a well-prepared HVAC tech, the relevancy of continuous training and development and how an apprenticeship program can boost your career to a higher level.
Adapting to New Skill Demands
The ever-evolving HVAC landscape requires industry professionals to stay on top of emerging trends, technologies and customer expectations. In a nutshell, HVAC companies want employees capable of meeting the demands of the modern world.
Here are the very important skills individuals should have when applying for a job:
- Knowledge of HVAC installation, refrigeration and maintenance: A thorough understanding of the fundamentals gives you an advantage over other applicants, even if the workplace provides training for new hires.
- Excellent troubleshooting and diagnostic skills: The ability to identify and deal with issues quickly and efficiently is essential. Modern equipment often integrates complex digital controls, making this skill more critical than ever.
- Experience working directly with customers: Building a relationship with clients and providing top-notch customer service is invaluable as an HVAC technician, so companies search for this quality when evaluating applicants.
- Ability to work well on a team: HVAC projects can require teamwork with other specialists. Businesses want team players who can work comfortably with coworkers.
- Willingness to undergo continuous training and development: The HVAC business requires professionals to stay current with new technologies via continuing education. Your long-term success relies on your motivation to learn and grow.
Service Experts Career Academy: We Build Highly Skilled Workers
You could always enroll in a four-year college or trade school to gain the knowledge necessary to become an HVAC technician, but this piles on the debt and delays your earning potential for years. At Service Experts Heating, Air Conditioning & Plumbing, we feel there’s a better way. Boost your career and get paid while you study at Service Experts Career Academy (SECA), an in-house apprenticeship program designed to build highly skilled workers. Here’s what to expect from the Service Experts Career Academy.
Service Experts Career Academy, or SECA, provides a structured curriculum covering everything from the basics to sophisticated technologies, emphasizing real-world experience and hands-on learning. Our program is specially fashioned to get you ready for an HVAC career.
Expectations for Apprentices
As an apprentice, you’ll attend free classroom instruction, assist within pertinent departments and gain a well-rounded understanding of the HVAC industry. Safety is our priority, so you’ll need to follow health and safety procedures all the time. Embracing constructive feedback, completing daily work process forms and growing strong interpersonal skills will also be crucial to your growth with us.
Requirements to Apply to Service Experts Career Academy
Participating in the SECA program requires an inquisitive way of thinking, a commitment to excellence, and the ability to meet certain physical demands. You must have a high school diploma or GED and a valid driver’s license to apply. Physical requirements include the ability to climb, balance, stoop, kneel or crawl; lift up to 50 pounds and carry up to 30 pounds; and work in various environments like hot, cold and small areas.
Compensation and Benefits as an Apprentice
At Service Experts Heating, Air Conditioning & Plumbing, we invest in your success by providing a comprehensive employment program for SECA students. Compensation includes a competitive pay program with incentive opportunities, guaranteed pay increases for the duration of your apprenticeship and a tool kit with a value of $1,000 once you complete the program. Benefits include paid time off, company holiday pay, insurance, 401(k) match, supplemental benefit programs and career development opportunities.
The Difference of Working with Service Experts Heating, Air Conditioning & Plumbing
Choosing an HVAC company to begin your career is something that demands a great deal of thought. Service Experts Heating, Air Conditioning & Plumbing could be the right choice if you want a company that values:
- Innovative training programs: Our SECA initiative develops excellent professionals from the get-go.
- Customer-centric approach: We put customers first, performing trustworthy and efficient services that help you take pride in your work.
- Commitment to quality: As one of our technicians, we’ll furnish you with the best tools, education and support.
- Community engagement: We take pride in supporting our community, actively participating in local initiatives and activities.
- Sustainable practices: We advocate for and implement earth-friendly solutions to support a sustainable future for everyone.
Join the Experts at Service Experts Heating, Air Conditioning & Plumbing
Preparing to meet new skill demands in the HVAC industry isn’t a one-time effort but an extended commitment. It demands dedication to life-long learning, skill enhancement and a motivation to grow in your career. Service Experts Heating, Air Conditioning & Plumbing helps you in this commitment through innovative opportunities like SECA. Joining SECA means taking the first step on a career path filled with growth, support and potential.
Your future in the HVAC profession starts at SECA! If you’re ready to take your skills to the highest level, ask for more information about Service Experts Career Academy today. Become part of SECA, and you’ll start a rewarding career in HVAC industry.
How to Find a Good HVAC System
When considering keeping your home comfortable during every season, nothing is more critical than choosing the right heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) system. This determination impacts your daily comfort, monthly utility costs and general home efficiency. But, with so many system... Continue reading
Yearly HVAC Maintenance List
Once the air turns chilly, you know it’s time to winterize your residence for the cooler months ahead. Your heating system is crucial to maintaining a cozy, warm atmosphere. A well-maintained furnace supplies the comfort you want while using a smaller amount of energy. Scheduled inspections also... Continue reading
2024 Furnace and Air Conditioning Trends
In the ever-changing world of home HVAC, keeping up with the latest HVAC trends is imperative for homeowners looking to enhance their home’s comfort and efficiency. As we move into 2024, the HVAC industry continues to innovate, bringing cutting-edge technologies and trends aimed at changing how... Continue reading