Air conditioners don’t work forever, no matter the brand or quality. If you’re prepping for air conditioning replacement in San Antonio, you could be wondering—should you also book furnace replacement too? It depends on your situation.
Here are several points to think over, as well as the pluses of not having a mismatched furnace and air conditioner.
Questions to Ask When Thinking About Air Conditioning Replacement and Furnace Replacement at the Same Time
Here are the most important questions to answer prior to making your decision:
- When was your furnace installed? Furnaces can run up to 20 years, while air conditioners work for about 15 years. If your furnace is over a 15 years old, we advise replacing it with your air conditioner. If it’s newer than this, you can likely wait.
- What type of air conditioner are you getting? Lots of homeowners are swapping out their outdated, single-stage air conditioners for variable-speed models. This conserves energy and maximizes comfort by operating at several speeds. Air conditioners rely on the furnace blower to disperse air. So, if you have a single-stage furnace, you’ll have to replace it to realize the complete comfort and advantages of a matched variable-speed system.
- Can your furnace provide the appropriate air flow? Your furnace needs to deliver the correct amount of air to keep your home the right temperature. An updated air conditioner could require a different indoor coil. So, it’s crucial your furnace is properly sized for the new air conditioner. An Expert technician, like one from Aramendia Plumbing, Heating and Air, can determine that static pressure of your system and give the correct advice.
- Is the installation complicated? You’ll make it easier on your technician and your bank account if you get new components at the same time.
Why You Should Get a New Furnace and Air Conditioner at the Same Time
If your furnace and air conditioner are compatible and are properly sized, there aren’t usually any major short-term consequences. A mismatched setup is often a stopgap until the other system stops working. You can circumvent the short-term patch by replacing your furnace and air conditioner at the same time. And, you’ll reap these pluses:
- Improved efficiency: By “matching” your air conditioner and furnace, you’ll guarantee everything runs at the highest efficiency, making your home more comfortable and lowering your ongoing energy expenses.
- Decreased HVAC repairs: If you install a new air conditioner but keep the old furnace, you never know when it may break down for good. In the interim, you’ll shell out for repairs that could have paid for an upgraded furnace.
- Potential discounts: You can save on labor by having both installed during the same appointment. And you may even qualify for a discount since you’re buying new heating and cooling equipment.
If it’s time to replace your mismatched furnace and air conditioner, you can depend on Aramendia Plumbing, Heating and Air. We know the expense of replacing your entire system might concern you, so we’ll make your investment economical through special coupons or our stress-free Advantage Program™. You can enjoy a new, high-efficiency unit at no money down and merely one low monthly expense. And all maintenance and repairs in the future are covered!*
You can relax knowing that our team is thoroughly trained, experienced and NATE-certified to guarantee a job done right the first time. Plus, we offer a one-year 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.** Contact us at 210-404-4233 to book an HVAC installation estimate today!
*Some exclusions apply.
**Not applicable to the Advantage Program. See your signed Advantage program Agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.