When you turn the faucet on your kitchen or bathroom sink, you expect clean, safe water to flow out. But even if the water appears clear, it might still contain toxic chemicals that present a risk to your family’s health and safety. Plenty of people dislike the taste of tainted tap water and understand the consequences of drinking it. That’s why half of all American families use either a home water treatment system (32 percent) or bottled water (18 percent) to ensure they have safe drinking water on hand.
If you want to ensure your family’s well-being, you may first opt for continuing the bottled water approach. But of course, this gets expensive almost immediately. Plus, plastic water bottles that don’t get recycled end up damaging the world’s waterways, harming the environment and wiping out marine life.
Having a whole-house water filtration system is more cost-effective and cleaner for the environment than using so much bottled water. It will also provide healthier water much more easily because you can get it straight from the tap. What's more, whole-house systems provide purified water to your showers, tubs and plumbing appliances, allowing you to make the most of the benefits anywhere you use water at home.
Before setting up a whole-house water filter, find out what’s in your water supply and how a Filtermax™ Superior Chemical Removal Filter can filter out hazardous contaminants. Then, choose Aramendia Plumbing, Heating and Air to help you pick out and install the ideal water filter for you.
What’s in Your Water Supply?
Water quality fluctuates by location, but several of the most prevalent contaminants include:
- Heavy metals
- Industrial chemicals
- Disinfection byproducts (DBPs)
Learn what could be in your drinking water by entering your ZIP Code into the Environmental Working Group’s drinking water quality database. EWG data shows that over 80 percent of utility water supplies in North America tested positive for carcinogenic chemicals, revealing that regulated water quality levels aren't necessarily safe.
Consider Installing a Filtermax Water Filtration System
The Filtermax Superior Chemical Removal Filter filters out dirt, debris and harmful chemicals from your faucets, furnishing you and your family with safe, sparkling water to drink. Here are the perks of this system:
- Sediment filtration: Cloudiness is a frequent sign of debris in your drinking water. Comprised of silt, sand, rust or clay, sediment naturally occurs and can become concentrated in the water main soon after heavy rainfall. While largely harmless, sediment makes your drinking water look and taste unpleasant. Filtermax provides sediment filtration to clear out solids from your drinking water.
- Chlorine removal: Chlorine is vital to clean drinking water in urban settings. However, this disinfectant can generate dangerous chemical byproducts when it meets naturally occurring organic and inorganic compounds in the water. Certain DPBs, like trihalomethanes (THMs), are known to cause cancer. Filtermax removes these carcinogens to keep your family healthy.
- Safer, cleaner, better-tasting water: Ensuring safe tap water is the objective of installing any water filtration equipment. Besides being cleaner for your family to enjoy, filtered water also smells, tastes and looks better. No more lasting metallic or musty scents. No more earthy or chlorine taste. No more murky water swirling around your cup. Just clean-tasting, odorless, crystal-clear water.
- Filtered water to every tap: Hazardous chemicals don’t just threaten you when ingested—they also absorb into your skin as you shower and cling to your clothing and dishes when you wash them. That’s why a whole-house filtration system is so worthwhile because it ensures clean water from every tap.
- No operating expenses or squandered water: Some whole-house filtration systems raise your electric bills. Others raise your water bills with automatic backwashing and flushing. Filtermax demonstrates that healthy water doesn’t have to include bigger utility costs.
- Flow-through distributor: Depending on your plumbing system’s structure, you may need an upflow or downflow water filter. The Filtermax™ flow-through distributor includes both designs to accommodate your needs.
- 20-year manufacturer warranty: This is the best warranty in the water treatment equipment industry! With this coverage, you know your investment will keep providing clean, quality drinking water for a long, long time..
Install a Whole-House Water Filter in Your Home
At Aramendia Plumbing, Heating and Air, we install multiple types of water filtration systems from Excalibur, including the Filtermax Superior Chemical Removal Filter. Whether you’re hoping to decrease water hardness, filter out bacteria or remove dangerous chemicals, you’ll find the best system for you from Excalibur. Installation is quick, easy and supported by our 100 percent satisfaction guarantee. Call your local Aramendia Plumbing, Heating and Air office for help finding a water filtration system that matches your needs and budget.