Stopping it from happening is the most essential place to begin. Taking proper safety precautions will decrease your chances of carbon monoxide poisoning in San Antonio.
Here are a few steps you can take to keep your family protected:
- Heat up your car away from your garage. Cars are a significant source of carbon monoxide poisoning, so do not leave yours on in the small space of a garage. The same applies for gas equipment like lawn mowers or snowmobiles.
- Don’t operate ovens or grills for heat. These appliances are safe when operated properly but can create carbon monoxide when run for an extended period of time in small spaces.
- Don’t operate a gas generator indoors, since it produces fumes.
- Have your chimney examined by a specialist. This ensures chimneys and vents aren’t blocked and connected appropriately.
- Confirm gas appliances are working properly, including your heating system. You can make sure you’re receiving efficient, safe heating by requesting annual furnace maintenance with Aramendia Plumbing, Heating and Air.