Stopping it from happening is the most essential place to start. Taking proper safety precautions will decrease your chances of carbon monoxide poisoning in San Antonio.
Here are a few steps you can take to keep your family protected:
- Idle your car away from your garage. Cars are a large source of carbon monoxide poisoning, so do not leave yours going in the restricted space of a garage. The same applies for gas equipment like lawn mowers or snowmobiles.
- Don’t operate ovens or grills for heat. These things are safe when operated properly but can create carbon monoxide when on for an extensive period of time in little spaces.
- Don’t operate a gas generator indoors, since it makes fumes.
- Have your chimney examined by a specialist. This confirms chimneys and vents aren’t blocked and connected correctly.
- Confirm gas appliances are running properly, including your heating system. You can make sure you’re getting efficient, safe operation by requesting routine furnace maintenance with Aramendia Plumbing, Heating and Air.