What is carbon monoxide?

Carbon monoxide (CO) is an invisible, odorless and tasteless gas. It’s produced by partial fuel combustion often caused by a lack of oxygen. In your house, appliances that use natural gas, charcoal, wood or kerosene are susceptible. Especially if they are not operating properly or have been installed incorrectly.

Vehicle exhaust fumes from attached garages, as well as malfunctioning fireplaces may also create carbon monoxide. CO is dangerous to the body and is fatal at heightened levels or with extended exposure.