Carbon monoxide (CO) is an invisible, odorless and tasteless gas. It’s produced by insufficient fuel combustion often caused by a lack of oxygen. In your house, appliances that need natural gas, charcoal, wood or kerosene are vulnerable. Especially if they are not operating properly or have been installed incorrectly.
Vehicle exhaust fumes from attached garages, as well as malfunctioning fireplaces may also create carbon monoxide. CO is toxic to the body and is fatal at increased levels or with extended exposure.