End Expensive Water Leaks in Your San Antonio Home
The typical home loses 2,000 to 20,000 gallons of water annually as a result of leaks, according to the Alliance for Water Efficiency.
Dripping faucets and leaky water heaters aren’t difficult to locate. But other leaks like toilet flapper valves or cracked water supply lines can go unnoticed for too long.
A water leak can be pricely. You’re paying for surplus water you don’t want, and leaks can be destructive to your home.
That’s why it’s critical to find and stop minimal leaks.
Aramendia Plumbing, Heating and Air is here to help you accomplish just that. We have the expertise for qualified leak detection and water line repair in San Antonio.
6 Signs You Could Have a Plumbing Leak
Pinpointing and fixing leaks are the most routine calls we field for plumbing services. Catching a leak immediately can help you avoid pricey water damage. Some leaks may be more difficult to find than others, but there are a couple telltale clues that you need to call a plumber in San Antonio. Here are the top six:
- Your water bill is more expensive than normal.
- Your pipes often make thumping sounds.
- There are reddish stains in your toilet, or your water looks rusty.
- Floors or walls appear moist or soft.
- You spot water stains on the ceiling or walls.
- There’s wet soil or erosion near your house’s foundation.
How to Figure Out if You Have a Leak
If you believe you have a leak but can’t see the evidence, check your water meter:
- Make sure no water is being used inside or outside your home.
- Look at the leak indicator on your water meter. The indicator is commonly a triangular dial or tiny silver disc. If the dial is moving, you may have a leak.
We can find the origin of the leak and get it fixed before you spend more money or possibly damage your home.
Common Places for Water Leaks
With all the spots water is used in your home, there are a lot of spots you could notice a leak.
Leaks can be caused by split seals around water connectors, rusty pipes, blockages and more.
They usually occur:
- On water supply lines and connections underneath the kitchen sink
- In washing machines, notably models that are getting old
- In hot- and cold-water hoses connected to your washing machine
If you find evidence of a leak, we can get things back to normal. Plus, we endorse all of our work with a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee for a year.* Call us at 210-404-4233 or book an appointment online.