According to the Insurance Institute for Business and Home Safety, more than 50 percent of drain system failures are due to sewer backups. The typical cost with sewer drain overflows or corroded drain pipes and loose connections is $4,400. Aramendia can help by certifying you have a backflow assembly installed to prevent sewer backups. Plenty of homeowners in San Antonio don’t realize they are responsible for the maintenance and repair of the pipeline between their city’s sanitary sewer main and their home, called the “sewer lateral.” At Aramendia, our plumbers and technicians have the skills, training and proficiency to handle everything and anything related to sewer service and sewer inspection.
Typical Causes of Sewer Backup
- Clogs in the city’s sanitary main
- Tree roots that grow into sewer lines
No matter what is causing your sewer to fail or backup, be sure to contact us at 210-404-4233
as soon as you notice a problem to evade as much, potentially expensive, harm to your living space and plumbing structure as possible.
How to Prevent a Sewer Line Backup
- Be certain you are disposing of trash the right way.
- Dumping grease down your drain will create a blockage in the line and turn into a clog.
- Disposing of any paper materials excluding toilet paper (including feminine products and paper towels) into the toilet can lead to a backup.
- Have Aramendia install and manage a backwater prevention valve to prevent sewer backflows.
- Ask Aramendia to look for illegal plumbing connections and fix them if found. It is illegal to connect French drains, sump pumps and other flood-control systems to your sanitary sewer. Not only that, but it will ultimately clog your line with debris and silt.
- To prevent tree roots from harming your lines, have your line and tap replaced with plastic pipe.
Call Aramendia today at 210-404-4233
or request an appointment online and let us do the dirty work of sewer services for you. We offer quality equipment choices, knowledge and expert service for all your plumbing needs 24/7/365.