Expert Sump Pump Repair and Replacement in San Antonio
You probably don’t think about your sump pump until it rains hard. Then you hope it’s running correctly so your San Antonio basement doesn’t take on water.
Sump pumps can stop working for a couple of different reasons.
We’ve seen it all. If your pump isn’t working correctly, get in touch with the Experts at Aramendia Plumbing, Heating and Air to determine the problem.
We’ll take a look at your pump during our visit and offer preventive maintenance advice, so it won’t go out when you need it most.
Common Causes of Sump Pump Failure
Sump pumps can stop working for a few different reasons:
- Power interruption
- Lack of maintenance
- Too small of a unit
- Incorrect installation
- Switch problems
- Icy or clogged discharge lines
- Age (average life span is 10 years)
Sump Pump Maintenance Checklist
There are a few easy things you can do to ensure your sump pump is prepared for efficiency.
- Make sure the cord is in acceptable shape.
- Plug it into a GFCI outlet in the event of power surges.
- Ensure the pump is vertical and not leaning to one side, since this can lead the pump to not run when needed.
- If the pump hasn’t been on recently, drop a bucket of water into the pit to check the pump turns on and drains the water efficiently.
- During drought-like weather, take out the sump pump and clean the grate on the bottom since it can draw small stones into the grate over time.
- Confirm the discharge pipe’s vent hole is free of obstructions.
Trust Aramendia Plumbing, Heating and Air for Your Sump Pump Needs
Because your sump pump is a type of safeguard to protect your home from water damage, look to the specialists at Aramendia Plumbing, Heating and Air to confirm yours is taking care of business.
We’ve got the skill—whether you need sump pump repair or sump pump replacement. Plus, all of our services are backed by a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee for a year.* Talk with us at 210-404-4233 or schedule an appointment online.