Your sump pump is one of those things you may not think about until you need it—then you trust it’s operating as it should. The good news is that the specialists at Aramendia are here to help whether you need new sump pump installation, repair or replacement for your San Antonio home.
Sump pumps can fail for several of different reasons and we’ve likely witnessed it all. So, when your sump pump starts acting weird, give Aramendia a call to come out and investigate your issue.
During our visit, we can give you with multiple preventive maintenance tips to help ensure your sump pump doesn’t leave you high and dry (or technically, quite the reverse) when you need it most. Our team will examine your sump pump for appropriate operation and if we see any sign of a impending issue, we’ll alert you immediately and go over your options.
It is crucial to take note there are a few very basic things that you can do to be confident you have your sump pump set up for efficiency:
- Check the pump is plugged in to a ground fault circuit interrupter (GFCI) outlet in case of power surges.
- Ensure the cord is in good shape.
- Be sure the pump is standing straight and not tipping to one side since it can cause the sump pump to not activate when needed.
- If time has passed since your sump pump has operated, pour a bucket of water into the pit to make sure the pump starts and the water drains quickly.
- When it’s going to be dry, pull out the sump pump and clean the grate on the bottom as it can attract small stones into the grate over time.
- Make sure the vent hole in the discharge pipe is unblocked.
Because your sump pump is basically a type of insurance to protect your house and your belongings from what can be devastating water damage, look to the experts at Aramendia to help ensure yours is doing its job. We’ve got the experience and expertise you need, whether you need sump pump repair or sump pump replacement. Give us a call at 210-404-4233
or request an appointment online.