When it’s time for a new water heater, energy efficiency is typically near the top of many people’s needs in San Antonio. A tankless water heater is a great option for saving energy. In fact, a tankless water heater is 8–34 percent more energy efficient than a storage water heater, according to energy.gov.
Unlike traditional tank heaters that heat gallons of water and store it for usage, tankless water heaters use gas burners or electric coils to heat water on an as-needed basis, which could save you a lot on energy costs. Since the heated water isn’t stored for use later on, you won’t be paying for standby energy losses like you can with tank heaters. You’ll also benefit from having a constant supply of hot water. They are small in size, energy-efficient in design and low-cost to operate.
When you turn on a hot water tap, cold water moves through the unit where either a gas burner or an electric element heats it. Then it goes to the tap, where you get hot water. One thing about tankless water heaters—specifically for larger houses—is that the flow rate of hot water may not be large enough to take on numerous uses at once. One of our specialists will help you determine what your flow rate is and provide recommendations based on their knowledge.
Some people decide to install a separate tankless water heater that’s chosen for a specific appliance, like the dishwasher or the clothes washer—or as a booster for a solar water heating system. However, many houses in the San Antonio area do alright with a single tankless water heater. Let’s look at some of the perks of getting one:
- Most tankless water heaters have a lifetime of 20 years—that’s about twice as long as the lifecycle of a regular tank heater.
- Most tankless units have a federal tax rebate.
- Tankless water heaters rarely run out of hot water.
- You get better energy efficiency with a tankless water heater because they are more efficient without standby heat loss and only use the power they need to heat the amount of water needed at any period.
- Tankless models take up much less space than traditional tank water heaters. They can even be hung on the walls and some can be put in small cupboards or closets. Smaller units can be put in under cabinets or in a closet, closer to where they’ll be used.
With tankless water heaters, you eliminate the chance of flooding due to a ruptured tank. Call Aramendia today if you want an ENERGY STAR® rated, tankless hot water heater put in your San Antonio home. It’s a great energy-efficient addition for your home. We have quality tankless hot water heater choices, knowledge and expert service—for all your tankless water heater needs. Give our team a call at 210-404-4233
or request an appointment with us online.